Monday, January 2, 2012

Well, that was a first!

Wilf and I have travelled all around the world and used the transit systems we have encountered without trouble wherever we’ve gone. But today something happened for the first time in 27 years of travel together. We headed out for the subway, headed down the line and switched from one line to another. As we arrived at the platform for line B the train was waiting. I jumped on just as the horn blew. The door slammed shut and I turned around. And there was Wilf.

On the other side of the door.

We looked at each other in astonishment as the train (with me on board) left the station (with him still there). Although we had never discussed such an eventuality he understood my hurried hand signals. I got off at the next station. The next train pulled up and there he was. No harm, no foul.

But someone should have had a camera for the looks on our faces as the train pulled out of the station….

No comments:

Post a Comment